- | Annual Reports & Financials
- | Board of Directors
- | Employment Opportunities
- | Our Team
- | Strategic Plan
- | Trustees
Kawartha Land Trust is conserving the natural environment and enhancing quality of life in the Kawarthas. We do this by accepting donations of land and/or interests in land and engaging the community in support of this work to ensure that these lands are cared for, in perpetuity. Like you, the supporters, volunteers and staff of the Kawartha Land Trust value a healthy environment and are working to protect important natural spaces in the Kawarthas.
Our natural environment is our natural capital. It constantly pays us dividends in clean water, clean air, healthy communities and vibrant economies. We must protect our natural capital to ensure that the services nature provides are sustained. Our life depends on it – here in the Kawarthas and around the world!
Caring for lands entrusted to us and helping others protect the land they love in the Kawarthas
We envision a future where the Kawartha Region is characterized by natural spaces and corridors that support healthy and representative ecosystems and landscapes. This deeply-connected landscape is founded on a mix of privately and publicly protected lands, private land stewardship and a supportive policy framework.
Our Guiding Principles
- We complement the work of other conservation entities and organizations
- We value and strive to maintain donor confidence and volunteer engagement
- We value transparency, ethical practice, high service standards and accountability at all levels of our organization
- We are responsive, inclusive and collaborative, seeking and providing opportunities for a broad range of individuals and groups to join and support our conservation work
- We achieve our mission primarily through land donation and conservation agreements rather than through the purchase of property
Kawartha Land Trust would like to thank Environment and Climate Change Canada: Eco-Action & Habitat Stewardship Program and the Ontario Trillium Foundation Seed Grant for providing funding to KLT. Approximately one third of our funding currently comes from these grants, the remaining enabling and stewardship funds need to be raised from individual donors and private foundations.