KLT depends on people like you, who care about protecting important natural places in the Kawarthas. Volunteers are our lifeline —the heart and soul of who we are. Sharing your time and talents as a volunteer, while connecting with other passionate individuals on our team, makes it possible to achieve amazing things!
Various exciting volunteer opportunities are always available. We match your interests with our needs to ensure the best fit.
- Developing outreach material including newsletters, posters, presentations, handouts, etc.
- Media relations, including writing print and on-line articles
- Data collection, GIS and mapping
- Join a committee (Community Engagement, Lands Management, Fundraising)
- Research natural heritage and land trust related work
- Fund development
- Tree planting
- Land stewardship activities
- Biological inventory of properties
- Site inspection
- Monitoring conservation easements
- Community Outreach – staff a trade show booth, help spread the word
- Event Planning