Winter Hike, Ski or Snowshoe at KLT’s Dance Nature Sanctuary
KLT volunteers are organizing an “open-gate event” at our Dance Nature Sanctuary!
Join us for an afternoon of winter fun and take advantage of this unique opportunity to tour a property that is not normally open to the public. Come explore the trails and learn about the many stewardship projects that have taken place at Kawartha Land Trust’s first protected property, the Dance Nature Sanctuary.
Dance Nature Sanctuary
Sunday, March 4, 2018
1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Located between Selwyn & Young’s Point
2027 Preston Rd, Lakefield
Parking: Please park along the shoulder of Preston Rd.
- Trail exploration
- Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing
- Bring your own cross-country skis or snow shoes (we will have a few extra pairs on hand to borrow).
- Free hot beverages (BYOM- Bring Your Own Mug)
- Engaging guided walks lead by our very own volunteers!
3 guided walks to choose from:
- The “Short and Sweet” (Family Friendly) – 1 p.m.
- Beginner difficulty, approximately 1 km loop
- The “Winter Wonderland” Walk (Family Friendly) – 1:30 p.m.
- Beginner difficulty, approximately 1.5 km loop
- The “Hiking Hero” 2:30 p.m.
- Medium difficulty, approximately 2.5 km loop
Or come anytime from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. to explore the trails on your own!
Please dress for the weather and we hope to see you there and please leave pets at home.